At the direction of the Greene County Legislature, a COVID-19 Economic Recovery Team was established in April 2020 to provide guidance and assistance to local employers and engage consumers with positive messaging during the phased re-opening of the regional economy.
This team includes:
- The Greene County Department of Economic Development, Planning & Tourism;
- The Great Northern Catskills of Greene County;
- The Greene County Economic Development Corporation;
- The Greene County Industrial Development Agency, and;
- The Greene County Chamber of Commerce
Throughout the past 90 days of the pandemic, this team has worked diligently to provide Greene County Businesses and Residents with the most up-to-date information and guidance available from State and Regional authorities through daily eNewsletters and Social Media posts, and a robust website presence on GreeneGovernment.com, BuyInGreene.com, GreeneCountyEDC.com and GreatNorthernCatskills.com.
The Greene County Economic Recovery Team has also produced a Crisis Response & Recovery Plan that details the priorities, strategies and tactics required to bring Greene County businesses and residents safely through these challenging times, and create strong and sustainable economic growth.
This plan addresses the issues faced by the key industries vital to the success of our communities including:
- Specialty Retail
- Resorts & Lodging
- Restaurants & Hospitality
- Personal Services
- Construction & Service Contractors
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
The plan also outlines the immediate priorities and necessary steps for reopening Greene County and getting back to business in a post-COVID world. Implementation of this plan is already underway as our Capital Region moves into Phase 2 of the NYS reopening process in early June.