Governor Kathy Hochul today announced that an additional $196 million has been awarded to support 488 projects across multiple New York State from state agency programs that participated in Round XI of the Regional Economic Development Council initiative. This year, $525 million in resources from state agencies was made available to support community revitalization and business growth consistent with the REDC strategic plans. Additionally, projects within each region are eligible for a share of $300 million in Industrial Development Bond Cap to support low cost tax-exempt bond financing for qualified projects.
A total of $5,744,059 was awarded to projects in the Greene County Towns of Catskill, Hunter and Windham:
- 335 Main Street LLC (Catskill Gateway Carbon Neutral Project) $1,914,059 (NYSERDA CNED)
- Village of Hunter (Firehouse Relocation) $1,970,000 (DEC CSC)
- Local Astoria LLC (Astoria Cabins Renovation, Leeds) $750,000 (ESD Grants)
- Thomas Cole Historic Site (Infrastructure for Economic Growth, Catskill) $750,000 (ESD Grants)
- Wylder Windham LLC (Historic Thompson House Revitalization) $750,000 (ESD Grants)