Affordable, Beautiful, Commutable.
Living and working in one of our Catskill Mountain, Rural Valley, or Historic Hudson River communities provide a Work/Life balance sought by many, and achieved by few. These three simple categories describe the best of Greene County and the opportunities that abound throughout the Capital Region and Hudson Valley now and in the years to come.
- Our county property tax rate is one of the lowest in Upstate New York, at $4.58 per $1,000 of assessed value, and over 30% lower than communities just across the Hudson River.
- The median price of a single-family home is $182,000, and commercial property rents are some of the lowest in the region.
- Living expenses for a family of four are significantly less than Downstate, NY Metro, and Long Island.
- Tens of thousands of returning visitors travel here every month to experience our natural splendor all four seasons of the year.
- Our charming villages, rural homesteads, mountain retreats, and town neighborhoods are the perfect places to relax, recharge, and revitalize.
- Thousands of acres of forests, lakes, and waterways are readily available for outdoor adventure activities
- Cultural treasures, performances, festivals, shows, and gatherings support a vibrant Creative Economy.
- There are 15,500 jobs in production-based businesses and service organizations located within Greene County.
- Tens of thousands more jobs in STEM fields and the Creative Economy continue to grow in the Capital Region and Hudson Valley.
- Two NYS Thruway Exits and the Rip Van Winkle Bridge provide easy access to the North, South, East & West.