The Numbers that Measure Sustainable Growth
Choosing the right location to locate or expand your business can be a daunting task. We’ve taken the many factors that define the health, viability, and potential of our county and assembled a set of Key Economic Indicators to provide measurable insight about the people, infrastructure, and opportunities in Greene County, and provide year over year comparisons.
- Age Demographics
- Natural Increase
- Net Migration
- Percentage of Population Growth
- Students K-12
- In-County Labor Force
- Total Employment
- In-County Employment
- Unemployment Rate
- Number of Unemployed Residents
- In-County Jobs by Sector
- Median Wage for All Sectors
- Total Wages per Sector
- Average Employee Wages by Sector
- Open Public Assistance Cases
- Median Home Value
- Number of Houses Sold
- Available Commercial Properties
- Shovel-Ready Locations
Greene County Residents in 2019 totaled 47,491 versus 47,470 in 2018.
- Natural Increase in 2019 was -151 versus -141 in 2018 for a change of -7.09%.
- Net Migration in 2019 was 172 versus 104 in 2018 for a change of 65.38%.
|Greene County Residents||47,470||47,491||<0.1%|
|Under 18 yrs.||18 - 62 yrs.||Over 62 yrs.|
|Residents by Age Group||17.4%||58.9%||23.7%|
|Student Population K -12||5,928||6,173|
The total workforce in Greene County in 2019 was 21,100 versus 21,000 in 2018.
- Total Employment in 2019 was 20,100 versus 20,000 in 2018.
- In-County Employment in 2019 was 16,000 versus 15,500 in 2018.
- The Unemployment Rate in 2019 was 4.7% versus 4.3% in 2018.
- Total Unemployed in 2019 was 1,000 versus 900 in 2018.
In 2019, 87.2% of the Greene County Workforce had at least a High School Diploma and 21.1% earned a Bachelors Degree or higher.
|% of In-County Jobs|
|Hospitality & Lodging||12.8%|
|Professional & Technical Services||1.6%|
|Healthcare & Related Services||8.0%|
|School Systems & Local Governments||18.9%|
|State Agencies & Prisons||11.1%|
|Utilities & Information||0.6%|
|All Other Businesses||8.5%|
In 2019, Greene County had 378 open public assistance cases versus 382 in 2018 (a change of -1.05%).
Income & Industries
In 2019, the Median Wage for Greene County workers was $41,466 versus $41,043 in 2018.
Below is a comprehensive breakdown of Greene County Employer Categories and their associated Average Annual Wage.
|Hospitality & Lodging||$19,420|
|Professional & Technical Services||$49,400|
|Healthcare & Related Services||$37,616|
|School Systems & Local Governments||$53,996|
|State Agencies & Prisons||$84,380|
|Utilities & Information||$113,032|
|All Other Businesses||$27,812|
Real Estate & Property Taxes
- 793 homes were sold in 2019 versus 795 in 2018.
- The Median Home Value in 2019 was $190,000, versus $182,000 in 2018.
- Property Taxes in 2019 were $4.55 per $1,000 of assessed value versus $4.58 in 2018
|Annual Homes Sold||795||793|
|Median Property Value||$182,000||$190,000|
|Property Taxes per $1,000||$4.58||$4.55|